In this guide, I’ll show you the most effective methods to convert orphaned OST to PST files. We will repair OST files using both manual and automated methods, as well as a free OST to PST Converter tool. Any of the methods can be used.
Are you having trouble logging into the OST file database? It’s due to a problem with the OST file. Converting orphaned OST to PST is the only way to fix OST file errors.
So, below are some techniques that will assist you in repairing an OST file:-
Using a Free Automated OST to PST Converter
- Wizard for Importing and Exporting
- To convert orphaned OST to PST, use the Archive Technique.
- Using the Drap and Drop method
The Most Effective Free OST to PST Converter
So, if you want to fix any type of error caused by a corrupted OST file, this is the best solution. This free OST to PST converter converts OST files to PST without affecting their data.
This tool is compatible with MS Outlook versions 97 to 2016. Multiple OST files can be converted to EMLX, EML, MSG, HTML, PST, MBOX, VCF, and Office 365 files.
How Does it Convert Orphaned OST to PST Files?
- Firstly, install the OST to PST Converter and run it.
- Second, by clicking the select file button, you can browse the OST file.
- Thirdly, It displays a preview of all items stored in the OST file here.
- Select the item you want to save and press the OST button.
- To convert OST to PST, click the export to PST button.
- Then press the convert button to complete the process.
Methods for Manually Converting OST to PST
If your OST file is in a usable state, that is, it is not damaged, you can use the manual techniques listed below. These methods allow you to convert OST to PST for free.
1. Using the Import and Export Wizard
Note: You must have an active connection to the Exchange server before proceeding with the steps below. Additionally, MS Outlook must be installed on the system.
- Simply open Outlook with the Exchange mailbox account that was used to create the OST file to get started.
- Then go to the file section and choose open & export >import & export from the drop-down menu.
- In the next window, select export to a file from the drop-down menu and press Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) in the Create a File of Type box.
- You can now see the file’s folder items. Simply select the necessary folders and press the next button.
- Finally, tap the browse button to select the location where you want to save the resulting file.
- Select “Finish” from the drop-down menu.
Technique 2: Archive Technique for OST to PST Conversion
This method assists you in controlling the size of your mailbox. Every email from the OST file begins to save in individual PST files after the archiving feature is enabled. This feature can also be used to move older items to an archived folder.
The steps to create a mailbox archive are as follows:-
- Firstly, open the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Select options after tapping on the file.
- Now select Advanced from the drop-down menu, and then Auto Archive Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Then you must choose the number of days for which you want auto-archiving to run. Choose the location where you want to save the archived PST file. To complete the process, click OK.
Technique 3: Converting an OST File with Drap and Drop
- You only need to create a new PST file and drag and drop the folder into it.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Now, for the Outlook profile, create a PST file.
- To do so, select New Items > More Items > Outlook Data File from the drop-down menu.
- Simply enter the name of the newly created file here. You can even make the file password-protected.
- The PST file is created by simply pressing the OK button.
In conclusion, you can use the Free OST to PST Converter tool to convert orphaned OST to PST. If your OST file is not corrupted, you can convert it using the manual methods listed above. However, in our opinion, it is preferable to use an automated tool for OST file conversion.